On a surface level, the basic calculation for creating a profitable product is pretty simple:
- Identify a clear problem, and find a solution that resonates with people
- find a way to manufacture your product for less money than you’ll sell it for
It seems simple, right? But the hardware industry is littered with examples of high-profile, well-funded companies that never turned a profit. Theranos, Juicero, Pebble, Jawbone. They all looked great on someone’s spreadsheet, but they never solved for one or both of the factors above, and now they’re in the dustbin of history.
You don’t want to end up in that dustbin.
Cortex has been designing and engineering profitable products for 20 years—as well as a couple that weren’t. It’s time for us to share what we’ve learned along the way. Today, we’re proud to announce our first eBook: How to Make Profitable Products.
Our free comprehensive eBook shows you how to pull the profitability lever at every stage of the product design process, from initial research, to concept development, prototyping, production design, and manufacturing. No matter where you’re at in your own product design process (blue sky? stalled? stuck?), you’ll find something that will make you reconsider your assumptions—or at least find something you disagree with to yell at us about!
Whatever challenge you’re facing, we’ve been there. So here’s what we have to say about how to get past these barriers and launch an exceptional product with your bottom line intact.
Here’s a bit of what you’ll find inside:
- how to identify opportunities in the marketplace that create real value and resonate with consumers
- the top mistakes that lead to products that don’t make money, and how to avoid them
- how to use your eventual path to revenue to guide design decisions at every stage
- how to maximize your budget by designing your prototype for manufacturability
- the biggest myths about manufacturing your product in China
- …and it’s made with love.