Junior Industrial Designer
Summary of Functions
The Junior Industrial Designer’s mission within Cortex is to support the design team’s industrial design practices and services to Cortex’s clients and to demonstrate Cortex excellence in producing top quality human-centred products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated excellence in industrial designer responsibilities related to product design
- Performing ethnography and other methods of user and market research
- Ability to problem solve through sketching and other free-hand visualization techniques
- Supporting and participating with the staff in best practices for new product development; user research, ethnography, sketching, prototyping, 3D CAD modeling, 3D CAD detailing for production methods, 2D engineering drawing to support production
- Detailing and drawing creation for rapid prototyping methods
- Prototyping and design verification
- Cooperate with and help interns and other staff improve their skills
- Take care of client and vendor relationships
- Manage and document your projects according to our QMS
- Be aware of project goals and their role within a project
- Keep the office clean and tidy, perform light assembly work, maintain tools and equipment, or any other roles that may be requested as a natural part of conducting business in a small office
- Occasionally assist in book-keeping, like issuing quotes, purchase orders, or invoices
- Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited I.D. undergraduate program or equivalent experience
- Top-of-class performance and recommendations from undergraduate degree supervisors
- Solidworks experience
- Excellent freehand sketching capabilities (either digital or traditional tools)
- Photorealistic rendering experience
- Adobe CS Suite experience
- Great mechanical aptitude as demonstrated by past experience with hobbies or self-directed work
- Fusion 360 or other cloud-based CAD packages
- Photography or other design-related interests outside of school
- Reports to the Design Director or the relevant project manager of the projects they work on
- Works alongside the other department staff on common project goals
Show Us What You’ve Got!
If you think you could make an impact with us – please send your resume and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief cover letter explaining why we’d be an awesome fit for each other. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.