Industrial Design / Engineering Intern
Summary of Functions
The ID or Engineering Intern’s mission within Cortex is to assist the operational staff within Cortex at any role where they are able to add value. Cortex employs interns both for the work they can contribute to at Cortex, and also to act as goodwill ambassadors to their respective schools from which we recruit talent.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with prototyping and design verification
- Manage and document projects according to best practices
- Keep accurate records of time spent on projects
- Promote good office culture, being generally helpful and supportive where opportunity may present itself
- Keep the office clean and tidy, perform light assembly work, maintain tools and equipment, or any other roles that may be requested as a natural part of conducting business in a small office
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited engineering or industrial design program; 3rd or 4th year students are preferred
- High level of interest and demonstrated aptitude in designing and building mechanical structures
- Ability to learn and seek new methods for achieving goals
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Project management experience
- Freehand sketching capabilities (either digital or traditional tools)
- Adobe CS Suite
- Fusion 360 or other cloud-based CAD packages
- Reports to the Production manager or the relevant project manager of the projects they work on
- Works alongside the other department staff on common project goals
Show Us What You’ve Got!
If you think you could make an impact with us – please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief cover letter explaining why we’d be an awesome fit for each other. We look forward to hearing from you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.